Last week, I found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Michelle from We at the Sea! Thanks, Michelle, you’re awesome! Michelle runs a cruise, adventure, and travel blog with her husband Matt. They have made it their goal to travel as much as they can and experience the world together! Their blog helps to make your next trip, the best trip, by sharing tips and tricks on traveling smarter.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers, nominated by bloggers, that promotes the discovery of new blogs. It’s a great way for new blogs to grow their audience and for people to discover new blogs. Being nominated is such an honor and privilege. I have made so many great connections and have discovered a ton of new blogs. You can read more about the Liebster Award here.
Why I Started Blogging.
If you didn’t know, I launched my blog on October 14, 2018. (Yes, about a week ago.) I am very new to this whole thing but am so excited about it. I had been thinking about starting a blog for about a year, after my boyfriend Kyle and I went on a trip to Europe. I had never been out of the country and that trip sparked something in me I had never felt before. Of course, I’ve always wanted to travel and see the world. I think most people want to travel, but they may also think it’s not realistic. Well, I wanted to make it my reality, I just had to figure out how. I had thought about a blog but also thought well nobody will read it so it’s pointless. So, I kind of just ignored the idea and just kept trying to figure out how to save money for our next trip. It wasn’t until August 2018, when I decided, screw my fears, I’m starting a blog.
I had no idea where to start. Then about a month later, I found a blog called Adventure In You. It is run by adventure bloggers, Tom and Anna, who have been traveling full time for about 5 years now. Their story, my love for travel and writing, and the support from Kyle inspired me to follow my heart and start my blog. I have only been doing it for about a month but I am loving every second of it.
10 Random Facts About Me.
- I am a trained Pastry Chef.
- I own a custom cake business that I still run on the side.
- Kyle and I have been together for 7years! (I know, time to put a ring on it haha)
- I LOVE animals. (We have a one-year-old German Shepherd named Maddox)
- My favorite colors are teal and grey.
- I have Trypophobia- Fear of holes. Not like black holes, but like honeycomb type holes and those creepy brown holey plants. (I’m currently sweating as I’m typing this..)
- I love pineapples. Eating them and things with pineapple print. (I even have a pineapple tattoo.)
- I enjoy reading.
- I have been on 3 episodes of a show called Cake Hunters with my best friend who owns Stacked Custom Cakes.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday because I love to give other people gifts and spend time relaxing with my family.
- Out of all the places you have traveled to, which one did you like the most?
Italy. All of Italy. My grandmother is from Naples and my mother was born there so it was a really special experience getting to travel there.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I haven’t really done anything that I consider extreme. I consider things like skydiving, rock climbing, and a crazy hike extreme. (all things I want to do.) I would say so far climbing Mt. Vesuvius would have to be the most extreme and amazing experience.
- If you could choose anyone, living or otherwise, to travel with, who would it be?
My boyfriend, Kyle. As cliche as it sounds, I wouldn’t want to experience the world with anyone else.
- What/Who inspires you to travel the world?
My dreams and passion for exploring the world and Kyle. Kyle inspires me to chase my dreams and supports me through everything I want to do in life.
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
The best memory would have to be once we got to the top of Mt. Vesuvius. We were standing up there looking down at Pompeii and the rest of the city and I started crying. I was overwhelmed by the beauty, the experience, and the whole fact that we were in Italy in the first place. It was that moment that changed my outlook on traveling. I never imagined I would be able to go to Italy.
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited.
I only have two:
- Capri has beautiful teal colored water. We ended up at a little spot where there were tons of pebbles that made the most beautiful noise when the water came in and out.
- Crapolla was another pebble beach that was quiet, peaceful, and calming.
- How has traveling changed your life?
Traveling has ignited passion in me and a desire for experiencing life and exploring every inch of the world.
- Blog vs. Vlog. You can only pick one. Why?
Blog. I’m better with writing things out. I’m too awkward when trying to take a video or be recorded. (Just ask my best friend haha)
- Looking back, is there anything current you would like to tell the younger, new to traveling you? It may be to skip a destination, see a destination, be more conscious of what you do, etc. What would it be and why?
I’m still fairly young, but I would tell myself to save money earlier and to start traveling sooner.
- If you had one-year, unlimited resources, and no restrictions, where would you travel and what would be your general itinerary?
I would love to explore Europe to its fullest. I would probably visit a few cities in each country of Europe.
Natasha runs, And Then I Met Yoko, a photography travel blog. She started her blog after she met a woman named Yoko in Japan who shared her love for the city with her. This inspired her to share her love for travel in hopes that it inspires others to travel and share their own experiences.
Margaret L. Thorn Doty
Margaret is a wife and mom to 3 children. Life has thrown multiple challenges her way and hopes that her blog, Doty5, will give her hope, focus, and positivity.
Kimberley’s blog, Kimberley Niamh, is full of beauty, fashion, and lifestyle tips. She loves Harry Potter, traveling, and has a passion for shopping.
Hannah May Foley
Hannah is a Law student at Durham University. She runs, Wander World, where she shares all her gap summer adventure. In 2017, she climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro and raised money for charity.
Jordis and her husband Micah run, The Bear and The Blonde, a travel and lifestyle blog. The blog is packed with clean eating recipes, travel tips, and lifestyle advice. They each work full-time jobs but jump at the chance to get outside and explore.
My Questions for my Nominees.
- Out of all the places you have visited, which was your favorite?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
- Would you rather, wear shoes every second for the rest of your life, or never be allowed to wear shoes again?
- If you could shapeshift into any animal what would it be and why?
- If you had a chance for a do-over in your life, what would you do differently?
- What inspires you?
- Who do you admire most in life?
- What are you most afraid of?
- You can only keep 5 possessions. What are you keeping and why?
- If you had 3 wishes granted to you by a genie, what would your wishes be? (No wishing for more wishes.)
I can’t wait to read all your answers!