One of my favorite parts of traveling is experiencing new things with my friends. Having someone to see new things with and explore new places is the best part. It’s nice to show your friends and family pictures and tell them about your trip, but nothing beats experiencing it together. Here are 19 of the best travel with friends quotes.
1. “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend, and go.” – Unknown
Nothing beats an impromptu trip with your best friend. I know from experience those are some of the most fun. You don’t get too stressed out over the details and it’s so much fun to just explore.
2. “Life was meant for great adventures and close friends.” – Unknown
As I said, the best adventures are the ones spent with your friends. Kyle and I love going on trips together and I know if we had our best friends with us we would have an even better time. I can’t wait to plan an international trip with them!
3. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
If this isn’t the truth. Traveling with someone is another level of friendship.
4. “A good friend listens to your adventures. Your best friend makes them with you.” – Unknown
Yep! Your best friend is the one that wants to experience all your adventures with you!
5. “Friends that travel together, stay together.” – Unknown
I love traveling with my best friend, Morgan. We always have so much fun. So far we have gone to Florida, Connecticut, West Virginia, North Carolina, and on a cruise to the Bahamas together. We have also explored around our home state of Virginia a lot.
6. “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and thirst for adventure.” – Unknown
Sometimes I just get an overwhelming feeling that I need to go explore. All I have to do is ask Morgan and she’s right by my side armed with her hiking boots ready to go.
7. “There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.” – Kristen Sarah
One of my favorite parts of traveling with your friends is how much more you learn about them. Morgan, Erin, and I went to Florida and we all became so much closer and came home with so many funny memories that only make sense to us because we were there to experience them.
8. “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!” – Unknown
Yes, Yes, Yes! As long as I have a friend with me none of my physical items matter.
9. “If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together.” – African Proverb
I love this so much. Take your time and enjoy the trip. Soak up every single second of it.
10. “You and me, we are more than friends. We are like a small travel gang!” – Unknown
This perfectly describes Morgan, Erin, and I. We have such a great dynamic especially when we travel. The best travel gang I could ask for.
11. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world & the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
This quote is gold. It’s not only talking about when traveling but also just traveling through life. The best thing you can find is a true honest friend.
12. “The more I traveled, the more I realized fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
Fear is inevitable when traveling. Whether you are traveling solo for the first time or traveling somewhere new. Don’t let fear stop you from making new friends along the way.
13. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
This is so true. When you are alone everything seems so much longer, but as they say, time flies when you’re having fun.
14. “Life is about doing things that don’t suck with people who don’t suck.” – John Green
Haha, I just love this. This is exactly what life is about. Surrounding yourself with people you want to be around and doing the things you love most.
15. “Everyone needs this friend that calls and says, “Get dressed, we’re going on an adventure.” – Unknown
This pretty much sums up my friendship with Morgan. We are always going on impulsive adventures together and they are a blast.
16. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
The friends you make are much more valuable than the miles you have traveled.
17. “As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than the destination.” – Unknown
Again, you don’t have to travel far. As long as you have a good friend every trip will be special and fun.
18. “I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
It took me a minute to really understand this. When I travel alone I am much more bottle up, nervous, and scared. When I have my friends along with me it makes me more me. I am more outgoing and fun because I am more comfortable when I have people I know around.
19. “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” – Katie Thurmes
One of my very favorite quotes. The reason I have over 20,000 photos on my phone. Yes, 20,000 (21,360 to be exact). I don’t remember every single moment of traveling. Sometimes when I’m looking through old pictures and see something that jogs my memory of a special or funny moment that I otherwise would have forgotten. I take too many pictures sometimes but I want to remember everything.
So there you have it 19 of the best travel with friends quotes. I hope you are inspired to grab your friends and start exploring!
Have you traveled with your friends before? How was it? Did you all get along or did you fight?
Let’s chat in the comments.