Get inspired to take the road trip of your dreams with these 15 road trip quotes. Road trips are so much fun. The open road, music, and great company.
1. “If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
Do it! Take the fork in the road. Take the adventure and make amazing memories.
2. “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” – Paulo Coelho
Traveling is my favorite thing to do. Creating lasting memories with my friends and family, exploring a new place, is the best feeling.
3. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.” – Deborah Lloyd
This is so true. Traveling opens a whole new world of curiosity and exploration.
4. “My favorite thing to do is to go where I’ve never been.” – Diane Arbus
This is why I love to travel so much. Learning new things and experiencing new cultures is the best part of being able to travel.
5. “The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous, and absolutely liberating.” – Aaron Lauritsen
I crave the open road. I am always wanting to hop in the car and just go somewhere new.
6. “If you make the mistake of looking back too much, you aren’t focused enough on the road in front of you.” – Brad Paisley
Try not to dwell on the past. Look towards the future and enjoy it.
7. “And just like that, were on our way to everywhere.” – Emery Lord
Just pack your bags, hop in your car, and hit the open road. Just like that, you are on your way to a new adventure.
8. “The open road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey
Adventure is out there, you just have to find it. You can’t wait for the adventure to find you.
9. “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” – Confucius
The best memories are made on the journey. It’s not just about the destination it’s about creating memories along the way.
10. “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb
No matter where you go or what you do, nothing beats the people you are with and making memories with them.
11. “Road trips aren’t measured by mile markers, but by moments.” – Unknown
One of my favorite road trip quotes. The moments you make with the people you are traveling with are way more important than the miles traveled. You could travel thousands of miles but if you aren’t making memories along the way then what’s the point?
12. “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay
I survive on snacks and caffeine when on a road trip. Well, any trip really. Once you’ve got those two covered all you need is some great music and directions.
13. “Never underestimate the therapeutic power of driving and listening to very loud music.” – Unknown
I’m a huge believer in being able to fix anything with good music and a long drive. That’s one of the reasons I enjoy road trips so much.
14. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
This is so true. The prettiest drives are the ones you don’t expect. I love taking detours and backroads. It’s hard if you are going a long distance because they are most likely longer routes but they are definitely worth it.
15. “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.” – Susan Magsamen
This is another quote I love that doesn’t just apply to road trips. Don’t just see the touristy spots. Go around the corner, explore the neighboring cities, you never know what you will find.
Inspired? Need help planning your road trip? Check out our Road Trip Guide.
I hope these 15 road trip quotes inspire you to explore and take an awesome road trip. Which quote is your favorite? Let me know in the comments.